Coherent Micro-X 577 nm 2 Watt Yellow Optically Pumped Semiconductor Laser - OPSL

Iridex IQ-577 Micro-X Laser

Bought this from a friend, it is not here yet but excited it is coming :slight_smile: The 6 mm diameter beam exiting the unit produces about a 3 inch/75 mm diameter spot at 15 feet (4.5 meters).

2 Likes

Wow, that laser is a beauty. Lucky man Chris.

2 Likes

You probably remember the Coherent Genesis 577 nm 2 watt OPSL I was going to buy, but I cancelled out on it because the ebay sellers photo’s of the solder pattern on the laser diode terminals did not match his YT video which he claimed showed the head powered up and operating. Nope, it was not the same laser head he was selling, after figuring that out, there was no way I would buy it because it would have been some time until I could get a power supply to test it. This unit has the power supply built in.

Perfect, and good catch as well on the Ebay head. I can’t wait for you to share 577nm photons with us. Not many people own 577.

Too bad we don’t have yellow quantum well microdot lasers yet, that will hopefully happen before I die :stuck_out_tongue:

(I probably don’t remember the name for them, but I do remember the article being posted about them on that other forum).

We can only wish, I’m still waiting for just plain and ordinary yellow semiconductors.

Quantum well lasers sounds familiar. What is this other forum you speak of. :rofl:

The sock puppet and troll laser pointer forum.

Ah, the famous SPT-LPF. I get you. :smiley:

1 Like

You’ll have to tell me just how yellow that 577nm actually is when you get it. 579-581nm is considered ‘true-yellow’. I’m expecting there to be the tiniest green hint in real life, but not as exaggerated the photos above shows. I want to know if I’m right.

1 Like

I will report, assuming customs doesn’t snag it for some stupid reason. I do have a 575 nm pointer and it looks yellow to my eye.

1 Like

It appears that cyan is one of the weirdest parts of the spectrum. Yellow seems to more defined, despite its sharpness in the spectrum.

69jv8g

1 Like

Huh? You made that?

Just img generator

EDIT
Yellow 577nm OPSL is my wet dream :smiley:

1 Like

Lol, I can safely say however I did spend time making this in reply to someone.
The thread was about killing moths.
One joked about using animals armed with lasers lol

2 Likes

hahha :smiley:

577nm would seriously be amazing to own. I’m just imagining 2W at that wavelength. The yellow beam. :drooling_face:

1 Like

My chick hasn’t hatched out of the egg yet, hoping nothing goes wrong and it indeed gets here safely. Thanks for the meme info, I am so far behind on such things. I remember the old timer radio techs who only knew how to work on radios with tubes in them when transistors had been out for 20 years, well… I’m kinda’ like that when it comes to graphic art.

1 Like

My 2 watt 577 nm arrived and I am happy with it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Missed this. Excellent news Chris. I bet its a dream to see in real life.

2 Likes