Conversation Room

Rules of use:

Remain respectful of other members. Repeat offenders will risk being suspended.
Keep multimedia and context free of NSFW content.
No discriminatory content of any kind
Refrain from posting political content that will knowingly start debates. This is not a debate platform.
Yes we know the world is messed up and everyone is corrupt and wrong. Let’s leave that to outside this forum shall we?
Most importantly, have fun and civilised conversations

3 Likes

Hey guys! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Diachi. :slight_smile:
Welcome aboard!

1 Like

@Diachi welcome! :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Good to see you Diachi, welcome.

1 Like

Hi Diachi, and hi everybody! Happy to have found this forum, i hope it becomes more active and fills the hole that the old days of redacted forum used to have :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome Gabe. This forum is a work in progress but we’re glad to have you here.

A few of us are working on a private project but are hoping to release something exciting here first in the future.

1 Like

Thank you Curtis! can’t wait to see what you have in store. I’ve only got small change here and there but i plan on being an active member and supporter here as i can :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lots. I’m planning on setting up area on here where people can just chat lasers etc. We have content. But obviously it takes time to get a place like this up and running.

totally, a huge part of the value of these sorts of forums is the archived information, and that only comes with time. like a fine wine lol

1 Like

This is very true. :stuck_out_tongue:
This platform is very modern compared to vbulletin and xenforo. Hopefully this format will keep forums relevant whilst keeping with the times. Posting images is really easy on here. Just upload and no need to resize first for example.

1 Like

i’ve been admiring that, i see there’s real time updates which is awesome. glad to hear images is easy too, that’s actually what led me to lose interest in original forum. im hoping to do some builds in the near future so i can’t wait to share!

1 Like

Neither can I Gabe! I’ll look forward to seeing your builds. Glad you are enjoying the platform. I’ve got to do some shopping. Later

Gabe, I’m late welcoming you, just found this thread. I was happy to see you join :slight_smile: At first I didn’t remember you, then later it came to me, I’ve been gone from LPF for years now, at least, for much activity, haven’t even looked in on them for a couple years it seems.

2 Likes

thank you very much chris! i don’t think i can associate you with a username from the old forum, but i haven’t been there in quite a while as well i don’t think. i’m happy to be here!

Good to have you here, we could use more activity, we figured it will come in time. I was Alaskan over there, but originally Laser Project was my ID there when starting in 2014. I was in Alaska back then, now in Qatar.

Alaskan! That places you in my mind, i never learned your name back then. very happy you’re here and still contributing. When you mentioned you’re after as low of a divergence as possible i remembered your old projects with the massive beam expanders shooting up in the alaskan sky, and wondered if that was you. Back then i didn’t care about divergence as much, but i’ve matured since then :sunglasses:

I’m fascinated by how much power or brilliance can be delivered at distance with low divergence lasers, only problem with having such fat beams (the laser you are referring to) is they appear a bit dimmer close up, but not at a distance, as the tiny pointers with 1 to 1.5 mRad disperse so quickly their beams disappear fairly fast, fat beams don’t, relative to the distance, someone miles away can’t tell it is a fat beam, it looks small to them and doesn’t spread much.

I used to enjoy spotting clouds above 10,000 feet with that large beam pointer you saw a photo of into the night sky.

I believe that very project was the reason i made my first beam expander from a cheap pair of binoculars wedged on the front of my PL-E Pro hahaha, i love cloud spotting as well. something about having a visible effect on something so large and far away with something handheld makes you feel powerful lol. i’ve heard you can do the same with a good LEP, we’ll have to try it to see.

1 Like